Maribyrnong River Children's Centre
Located in the heart of vibrant and culturally diverse Maribyrnong, Maribyrnong River Children’s Centre delivers high quality and inclusive early learning and care for children aged six weeks to six years. Our team of nurturing and experienced educators will partner with you to develop a play-based educational program that helps your child realise their potential. Even more importantly, our educators will ensure your child is safe, secure and happy while at Maribyrnong River Children’s Centre.
Highlights of our childcare centre
- A brand-new natural outdoor play space that encourages children's curiosity, discovery, and a love of nature.
- Bright and modern newly renovated rooms filled with beautiful natural resources to support children's development.
- Highly qualified, passionate and nurturing educators who speak 15 languages - exposing children to exciting new cultural learning experiences.
- Delicious and healthy meals prepared by our talented chef to fuel children’s growth and development. (Children also learn how to cook as part of the curriculum.)
- Parents and educators can share and receive live updates about children’s learning from anywhere via the Storypark ePortfolio.
- Children can connect with their community and learn in engaging settings outside the
- Children can learn about responsibility, empathy, and compassion by caring for our resident pet parrot and bearded dragon lizard.
- Busy parents can take advantage of our on-site maternal and child health nurse.
- Incursions, excursions, meals and nappies are included within our daily childcare fee, which means there are no hidden costs for families.
Maribyrnong River Children's Centre vacancies change frequently. Register your interest in our centre here.
Play is the best way for children to learn. That's why at Maribyrnong River Children's Centre, your child's program will incorporate a variety of open-ended and structured play-based learning experiences. Activities will be guided by your child's interests and capabilities, ensuring your child gets the most out of their childcare experience.
Activities will include:
- language and literature
- music and movement
- art and craft
- dramatic play
- science and maths
- sensory motor activities
- cooking and healthy eating
- activities to promote physical coordination
- incursions and excursions.
These play-based experiences will help your child develop important social, emotional, physical, language and cognitive skills.
All our childcare programs are based on the National Early Years Learning Framework “Belonging, Being and Becoming” and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.
Integrated four-year-old kindergarten
Our integrated kindergarten program is led by our wonderful bachelor qualified teacher. The curriculum features a variety of play-based experiences that help prepare children for the transition to school.
Our kindergarten program is a convenient and flexible option for families requiring care outside of kinder hours and during school holidays.
To ensure equitable and transparent access to childcare, Maribyrnong City Council provides a Central Registration System (CRS) for all eligible children. To enrol your child at Maribyrnong River Children’s Centre, please register via the Council’s CRS program. More information is available here.
Maribyrnong River Children's Centre offers a lovely warm and friendly home-like feel - the perfect environment for your child to learn in. Our kitchen is in heart of our centre, and the aroma of delicious meals being prepared is the first thing you notice when you arrive.
Our centre has recently been expanded and renovated with spacious rooms, fresh paint, and beautiful new furniture and natural resources to support children’s learning. Our rooms feature an open plan design that enables teachers to set up flexible play experiences that foster children’s imagination, curiosity and exploration.
Each room opens onto our impressive new outdoor play space that has been purpose-built so children can discover, explore and challenge themselves. The yard features:
- a bamboo forest
- a cubby house
- a spacious boardwalk
- a huge sandpit
- a fairy garden.
Your child’s program will be delivered by Maribyrnong River Children's Centre's experienced, passionate and nurturing educators. Our educator's number one priority is ensuring each child receives the best possible experience at our centre. Our teachers speak 15 languages, reflecting our culturally diverse childcare community.
Educators will work in partnership with you – your child’s most important teacher – to develop an early education program that reflects and builds on your child’s interests, curiosities and skills.
Educators will share live updates about your child’s learning via Storypark - a secure, login based ePortfolio. Documentation may include photographs, videos, learning stories, and samples of your child’s work. Storypark will also allow you to contribute to and comment on what your child is doing while in care. You can share your family activities and your child’s updates with educators via Storypark too.
If your child has additional needs, our teachers can connect your family with specialist support.
Meet our Centre Director