Altona Early Years Hub
This Altona Early Years Hub provides families with a state-of-the-art early years facility located on the site of the Altona College P-9 School. At the heart of this facility is the belief that each child is a competent learner from birth. The hub's team of nurturing and experienced educators deliver high quality and inclusive childcare (from birth to six years) and three and four-year-old kindergarten programs that help each child realise their potential. Educators partner with you – your child’s most important educator – to develop a play-based learning program that encourages your child to expand their capacities and deepen their understanding of the world. In turn, your child will develop vital social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive skills. Even more importantly, educators ensure your child is safe, secure and happy while in our centre.
Highlights of Altona Early Years Hub
- This brand new purpose-built facility is a fully integrated child and family centre within a school setting.
- Maternal and child health, family support, early intervention and community rooms are conveniently located within the one building.
- Professionals in the kindergarten, childcare, primary school, health and family support services collaborate and deliver enhanced learning, development and wellbeing opportunities for every child and family.
- High-quality resources and engaging indoor and outdoor play spaces to support children’s learning and development.
- Regular incursions, and excursions in the local community so children can enjoy diverse experiences and environments.
- Valuable shared learning experiences with the children at the co-located Altona College P-9 School, making transitions to school seamless.
- Parents and teachers can share and receive live updates about children’s learning from anyway via the Storypark ePortfolio.
Three-year-old kindergarten (managed by ECMS)
Four-year-old kindergarten (managed by Hobsons Bay Council)
Childcare (managed by ECMS)
Facilities and programs
Play is the best way for children to learn. That's why at Altona Early Years Hub, your child's learning program will incorporate a variety of open-ended and structured play-based learning experiences. Activities will be guided by your child's interests and capabilities, ensuring your child gets the most out of their early learning experience.
Activities will include:
- language and literature
- music and movement
- art and craft
- dramatic play
- science and maths
- sensory motor activities
- messy play
- cooking and healthy eating
- activities to promote physical coordination
- excursions and incursions.
These play-based activities will help your child develop important social, emotional, physical, language and cognitive skills.
All our learning programs are based on the National Early Years Learning Framework “Belonging, Being and Becoming” and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.