Thinking Kids Children's Centre
Thinking Kids Children's Centre is a state-of-the-art childcare centre situated near the iconic Melbourne Zoo in Parkville. We deliver high quality and inclusive childcare for children from birth to five years. Our team of nurturing and experienced educators will partner with you to develop a play-based learning program that helps your child realise their potential. Even more importantly, our educators will ensure your child is safe, secure and happy while at Thinking Kids Children's Centre.
Highlights of our childcare centre
- Easy access to trains, trams, and buses - making life easier for busy families.
- Engaging and flexible indoor and outdoor play spaces filled with plenty of natural resources to support children's development.
- A high educator to child ratio, giving children the one-on-one attention they need to optimise their learning.
- Delicious and healthy meals are prepared by our talented and friendly chef to fuel children’s growth and development.
- Children can connect with their community and learn in engaging settings outside the centre via our regular excursions.
- Children can learn about responsibility, empathy, and compassion by caring for our resident pet parrot.
- Parents and educators can share and receive live updates about children’s learning from anywhere via the Storypark ePortfolio.
- Incursions, excursions, meals, and nappies are included within our daily childcare fee, which means there are no hidden costs for families.
Thinking Kids Children's Centre vacancies change frequently. Register your interest in our centre here.
Play is the best way for children to learn. That's why at Thinking Kids Children's Centre, your child's early learning program will incorporate a variety of open-ended and structured play-based experiences. Activities will be guided by your child's interests and capabilities, ensuring your child gets the most out of their childcare experience.
Activities will include:
- language and literature
- music and movement
- art and craft
- dramatic play
- science and maths
- sensory motor activities
- cooking and healthy eating
- recycling and sustainability
- activities to promote physical coordination
- Indigenous and multicultural practices
- incursions such as dinosaur diggers, African drummers and more
- excursions to local parks and the zoo.
These play-based activities will help your child develop important social, emotional, physical, language and cognitive skills.
All our childcare programs are based on the National Early Years Learning Framework “Belonging, Being and Becoming” and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.
Integrated four-year-old kindergarten
Our integrated kindergarten program is led by our wonderful bachelor qualified teacher. It features a variety of play-based activities that help prepare children for the transition to school.
Our kindergarten program is a convenient and flexible option for families requiring care outside of kinder hours and during school holidays.
Thinking Kids Children's Centre offers a lovely warm and friendly home-like feel; the perfect environment for your child to learn in. Our kitchen is in the heart of our centre, and the aroma of delicious meals being prepared is the first thing you notice when you enter the foyer.
Our bright and modern rooms feature an open-plan design that enables educators to set up flexible play experiences that foster children’s imagination, curiosity and exploration.
All rooms open out into our purpose-built, environmentally friendly outdoor areas where children can learn, explore and have fun. Your child will have access to a variety of resources and equipment to support their development at childcare, including:
- a bamboo forest
- a cubby house
- a veggie patch
- a rock bed
- a dry creek bed
- a row boat
- a huge sandpit
- climbing equipment.
Your child’s early learning program will be delivered by Thinking Kids Children's Centre experienced, passionate and nurturing teachers. Our educators are wholly committed to ensuring each child receives the best possible experience in childcare.
Educators will work in partnership with you – your child’s most important teacher – to develop an early learning program that reflects and builds on your child’s interests, curiosities and skills.
Educators will share live updates about your child’s development at childcare via Storypark - a secure, login-based ePortfolio. Documentation may include photographs, videos, learning stories, and samples of your child’s work. Storypark will also allow you to contribute to and comment on what your child is doing while in childcare. You can share your family activities and your child’s updates with educators via Storypark too.
If your child has additional needs, our educators can connect your family with specialist support.
Meet our Centre Director
My name’s Priscilla Cauchi, and I’m the Director of Thinking Kids Children’s centre.
I’ve been an early childhood professional for 13 years. When I first started with early childhood, I worked with Broadmeadows Uniting Care as a Cert 3 working with children with special needs.
I joined ECMS in 2011 as a room assistant. When I first started, I had the opportunity to complete my diploma and then moved into a room leader role. After two years as a room leader, I become 2IC. In 2017 I became Centre Director (secondment), and in 2018 I became a full-time Director.
My passion is to build strong relationships with all the children and families and ensure everyone has a sense of belonging in our community. An important part of this role is to support all family’s and children’s needs and having a culturally diverse service that embraces everyone. I also lead, guide and support a team, which provides high quality in early childhood.