2015 Annual Parent Survey
Thank you to all the families who took the time to complete our annual survey in July and August. ECMS’s parent survey is conducted each year to invite your feedback, ideas and measure your satisfaction with our service. It’s aligned to the National Quality Framework and standards as well as a few questions that guide our future planning.
Below is a snapshot of our parent survey results:
- 93% of survey respondents were satisfied overall with ECMS’s service, which is a great results and is consistent with our parent satisfaction levels in previous years.
- ECMS performs well in all quality areas, with particular strengths in relationships with children, staffing arrangements and physical environments.
- Parental involvement results were promising, with 36% willing to participate 1-2 hours per week in our services, indicating that we need to provide more opportunities for regular, shorter periods of parent participation in our services.
- Families told us that the most important factors when choosing an early childhood service for their child are the quality of the program and staff and the location of the service.
- 91% of respondents value kindergarten as an essential part of their child’s lifelong education.
- Half of our parents surveyed indicated interest in flexible service options such as before and after kindergarten care.
- 90% of parents agree that the government should fund two years of early learning (ie. 3 and 4 year old kindergarten) before children start school.