Quality kindergarten to amplify your child’s development
Three-and Four-Year-Old Kinder will be free in 2023.
Early learning the ECMS way
- Quality three and four-year-old kindergarten programs that reflect the Government’s National Early Years Learning Framework.
- Programs that feature fun play-based activities designed to develop your child’s physical, social, intellectual and emotional skills.
- Regular incursions, and excursions in the local community, to expose your child to diverse experiences and environments.
- Talented and qualified educators who love what they do, and who continue to build their knowledge and skills.
- Educators who can connect your family with specialist support if your child has additional needs.
- Your child will be valued and respected for their uniqueness and what they can contribute to their early learning experience.
- Educators will work in partnership with you – your child’s most important educator - to optimise your child’s development.
- Engaging outdoor learning environments for your child to explore.
- Inviting indoor environments filled with plenty of natural resources to support your child’s learning.
The Victorian Government has committed $9 billion to expand kindergarten programs across the state.
Starting in 2023, ECMS is joining other services to expand Free Kinder programs so more Victorian children can have the best start in life, no matter where they live. Free three and four-year-old programs are available in our long day care and standalone kindergarten settings.
Hours per week
Three-year-olds get between 5 and 15 hours per week of kindergarten, and four-year-olds get 15 hours per week. However, you can only enrol each child in one Free Kinder program at a time.
Savings for long day care
A $2,000 Free Kinder subsidy (paid directly to ECMS as the program provider)offsets fees for children attending a funded kindergarten program in a long daycare (childcare) setting.
However, most families will still pay some fees, depending on how many days a child attends and any Commonwealth Childcare Subsidy entitlements.
For more information about Free Kinder and other early childhood education commitments by the Victorian Government, visit: