Church Street Children’s Centre
Highlights of our childcare centre
- A brand new purpose-built facility that ensures children feel happy, calm and ready to learn.
- Prevention and early intervention programs to support children and families to get the most out of their early learning experience.
- Engaging and flexible indoor and outdoor play spaces filled with plenty of natural resources to support children's development.
- Children learn how to care for their environment from an early age via our sustainability programs.
- Children can connect with their community and learn in engaging settings outside the centre via our regular excursions and strong ties to local community groups.
- Regular incursions based on children’s interests, including weekly movement, music and yoga classes that help children develop self-expression, coordination, speech, listening skills, a love of music and lots more.
- A strong transition program to help ensure children transition well to school.
- Delicious and healthy meals prepared by our talented cook to fuel children’s growth and development.
"I love the community and family feel of Church Street. My children feel just as happy and secure here as they do at home."
- Kate G
“The staff supported me through my tough transition of my daughter, making our time to settle in easier knowing we were both fully supported.”
- Vivian C
“Warm caring, friendly, great staff, happy kids, happy life.”
- Matt. M
“Church Street Children’s Services has embraced their relocation to Maribyrnong Community Centre and are willing to participate in community activities at the centre.“ - Cheryl.N
“Our family has loved being a part of the Church Street community and participating in the centre and room activities. The relationships established with educators for both our children and ourselves has been an invaluable part of our childcare experience.”
- Annie W
Children have access to a wonderful outdoor space area surrounded by large gum trees. This large space offers fantastic opportunities for children to explore nature in a variety of activities and to stay physically active. During the course of the day, the space is shared by both the kinder and toddler groups, enabling siblings to see each one another and different age groups to interact.
Children can decide whether they would like to be indoors or outdoors giving them flexibility and ownership over their learning experiences.
We grow our own vegie and herb patch, we produce our own organic worm juice through our worm farm, children are active participants and learn to look after our environment.
Hi, I’m Melissa McLeod, the Centre Director of Church Street Children’s Centre.
I’ve been working in the early childhood sector for 20 years, including 17 years at ECMS. I’ve held various positions at ECMS, including as centre cook, room leader, 2IC, acting director and centre director. In 2009 I also had the opportunity to work at the ECMS head office.
Over the years ECMS has encouraged me to upgrade my skills. In 2005, I completed my Diploma of Children’s Services, and in 2007, I went on to complete an Advanced Diploma in Children’s Services.
ECMS has always been very supportive, and I have had an enjoyable and rewarding experience working closely with all children and their families. I enjoy watching children grow and reach their full potential.
My team of highly motivated and professional teachers is committed to ensuring all children achieve positive outcomes. We believe all children need to feel safe, secure, trusted and included within our program.