Church Street Children’s Centre
Highlights of our childcare centre
- An intimate home-like setting that ensures children feel happy, calm and ready to learn.
- Prevention and early intervention programs to support children and families to get the most out of their early learning experience.
- Engaging and flexible indoor and outdoor play spaces filled with plenty of natural resources to support children's development.
- Children learn how to care for their environment from an early age via our sustainability programs.
- Children can connect with their community and learn in engaging settings outside the centre via our regular excursions and strong ties to local community groups.
- Regular incursions based on children’s interests, including weekly movement, music and yoga classes that help children develop self-expression, coordination, speech, listening skills, a love of music and lots more.
- A strong transition program to help ensure children transition well to school.
- Delicious and healthy meals prepared by our talented cook to fuel children’s growth and development.
"I love the community and family feel of Church Street. My children feel just as happy and secure here as they do at home." Kate G.
“The staff supported me through my tough transition of my daughter, making our time to settle in easier knowing we were both fully supported.” Vivian C
“Warm caring, friendly, great staff, happy kids, happy life.” Matt. M
“Church Street Children’s Services has embraced their relocation to Maribyrnong Community Centre and are willing to participate in community activities at the centre.“ Cheryl.N
“Our family has loved being a part of the Church Street community and participating in the centre and room activities. The relationships established with educators for both our children and ourselves has been an invaluable part of our childcare experience.” Annie W
Play is the best way for children to learn. That's why at Church Street Children's Centre, your child's early learning program will incorporate a variety of open-ended and structured play-based experiences. Activities will be guided by your child's interests and capabilities, ensuring your child gets the most out of their time in childcare.
Activities will include:
- language and literature
- music and movement
- art and craft
- dramatic play
- science and maths
- sensory motor activities
- sports and other activities to promote physical coordination.
These play-based activities will help your child develop important social, emotional, physical, language and cognitive skills.
All our early education programs are based on the National Early Years Learning Framework “Belonging, Being and Becoming” and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.
Integrated four-year-old kindergarten
Our integrated kindergarten program is led by our wonderful bachelor qualified teacher. It features a variety of play-based activities that help prepare children for the transition to school.
Our kindergarten program is a convenient and flexible option for families requiring care outside of kinder hours and during school holidays.
To ensure equitable and transparent access to childcare, Maribyrnong City Council provides a Central Registration System (CRS) for all eligible children. If you wish to enrol your child at Church Street Children’s Centre register via the Council’s CRS program on their website. Further information is available here.
Children have access to a wonderful outdoor space area surrounded by large gum trees. This large space offers fantastic opportunities for children to explore nature in a variety of activities and to stay physically active. During the course of the day, the space is shared by both the kinder and toddler groups, enabling siblings to see each one another and different age groups to interact.
Children can decide whether they would like to be indoors or outdoors giving them flexibility and ownership over their learning experiences.
We grow our own vegie and herb patch, we produce our own organic worm juice through our worm farm, children are active participants and learn to look after our environment.
Your child’s early learning program will be delivered by Church Street Children's Centre's experienced, passionate and nurturing teachers. Our educators' number one priority is ensuring each child receives the best possible experience at childcare.
Educators will work in partnership with you – your child’s most important teacher – to develop a childcare program that reflects and builds on your child’s interests, curiosities and skills. Educators will also recognise and celebrate your child's unique background and culture, incorporating these into their program.
Educators will share live updates about your child’s development via Storypark - a secure, login based ePortfolio. Documentation may include photographs, videos, learning stories, and samples of your child’s work. Storypark will also allow you to contribute to and comment on what your child is doing while in childcare. You can share your family activities and your child’s updates with educators via Storypark too.
If your child has additional needs, our educators can connect your family with specialist support.